Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Type and Contrast

I think this is an example of a poor layout, the colors are very muted but I think it doesn't help anything on the page to stand out except for maybe the background image. I think the text is very small and the color does not pop out enough for anyone to really read it. Also the title on the page "Flowery Exsistance" blends into the background and it is very hard to read unless you zoom in on the page. I think the text should be bigger and the artwork should be smaller and not so bold that you miss the point of this page as a blog, you look at it more like a pretty design. I think it is difficult for the eye to focus on the text when everything else is so large.


Although this layout is a little crazy with color I actually think it works. The contrast between the background picture and the white text space works well, the background maybe overwhelming to the eye at first you can move away from it and read the text because the contrast is so large. The colors used in the text coordinate well with the background colors, they use black texts and an orangey color for links etc. The green for the headers with the dark pink are also accent colors from the background, they all tie together somehow which I think helps this page layout work well, even if the background is crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment